Monday, February 16, 2009

Phantoms Of My Youth

I still love kids songs, I'm not gonna lie. Even at my age where I'm now listening to Dylan, Waits, Cohen, Prine, Zevon, among many others, the genius of sesame street, the muppets, and other fine young-un music is not lost on me. Well I shouldn't call it kids music, its for all ages :)
So yeah here are some memories.

Let's start with absolute fav song as a young-un. WET PAINT. I watched this to death when i was little, and i even had a pair of red boots like how now brown had in the video and i would put them on whenever i watched it. It probably is the reason why i like paint, rain boots, and general messyness to this day.
so here's how now brown and the moo wave with Wet Paint


Following up with something else about rain boots, this one is a new favorite that i saw for the first time on noggin not too long ago. This is Boots by the Laurie Berkner Band :)
B-O-O-T-S


Umm one of the best bands ever, and a realllllly good movie. (oh and check out the Robot Chicken episode that does the Behind The Music on them, its hysterical)


ok this next one was shown to me numerous times in 2nd grade to encourage our class to our wash our hands and it always stuck with me. I mean how often do you see rapping germs!
This is the Germ Rap


These next 2 numbers are from one of the best animated movies of all time, The Brave Little Toaster. This is Worthless, and B Movie Show. I still sing along with the first one :), and the second one i always loved since it involves the love of horror movies ive had since...forever




I was determined to fit my second fav animated movie on here, so here's a little number from The Great Mouse Detective.


It's the oogie boogie man!!!


and we shall close with a few more classic numbers i loved on Sesame Street :)






Nah, they don't make em like they used to.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, very nice this video. Sesane street zz blue. Sorry but i dont know to speak or writte in inglesh, so so, but i want to make friends in the world. I like to your blog, i from Brasil, Sesame make part of my infancy, nice very nice.
    see you soon
    vincent

    ReplyDelete