Sunday, March 1, 2009

Podcast Shoutout

Over the past year I have become quite caught up in the world of Podcasts and I thought I would do a brief entry here and promote 3 of my fav podcasts.

For fans of cult/horror/random cinema I strongly recommend Mondo Movie and Cinemaslave. Both feature great hosts who have an intense love for film as I have and they always pick out great movies to discuss. So yes, if you are reading this and have a love of film check these out, oh and if you want good discussion about film you should join the forums on both podcasts websites.
(I know cinemaslave joe googles his podcast to see where its being discussed so let me know if you ever find this haha)
http://www.mondomovie.com/
http://www.cinemaslave.com/

On the music front check out NPR: Live Concerts From All Songs Considered. They offer free concerts and who knows, they might offer something you like. For me there was Tom Wait's AMAZING 2 & half hour performance in Atlanta, Georgia last summer. A concert which I was very luck to attend. Other good ones I've recently downloaded from the podcast include The Ting Tings, and Leonard Cohen.
http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_detail.php?siteId=15842121

So yeah those are three I really enjoy. I'm currently seeking out more to listen to at the moment, so I'll be sure and update this if i find some more I really like.

I'm also toying with the idea of starting my own podcast, so give me some feedback if you think its worth pursuing.

No comments:

Post a Comment