Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lonewolf Bodyart/Horror Festival 2009

For the past three years now I have attended the lonewolf bodyart/horror festival in nashville, TN and once again this year plenty of grand memories were once again made as i met three very nice actors :)

ok so who did i meet?
First was Chris Sarandon who played one of my favorite screen vampires, Jerry Dandridge, in Fright Night. He also voiced Jack Skelington in The Nightmare Before Christmas. He was verrrry friendly and seemed only too eager to discuss Fright Night. I asked him about if he was ever offered to return as Jerry Dandridge in Fight Night 2, working with Roddy McDowall, and what exactly was the guy who lived with him in the first Fright Night. I then got a cool picture of him in full vampire mode signed and got my picture made with him :)



Next up was C.J. Graham, who I found out was gonna be there at the last minute. C.J. Graham played Jason Vorhees in my favorite film in the series Friday the 13th part 6: Jason Lives. I had met Kane Hodder the previous year and was all to eager to meet my second fav Jason. I got a picture of him signed from pt. 6 where he tears of a guys arm. My friend matt bought a machete from him and got it signed. we then both got our pictures made with him.



After that I circled the festival room buying a Blacula lobbycard, Satan's Black Wedding on dvd, a couple of Tomb Of Dracula comics, and the complete Are You Afraid Of The Dark tv series on dvd. Then went and said hi to my friend Brooke who was spending the day hanging with his pal, a certain Mr. Ken Foree :P who by the way apparently loves peanut m&ms. I also took a look at Jason Mewes table (of Jay and Silent Bob fame) then to close out my day at the festivl I had one person left to meet.


I had brought my copy of Once Upon A Time In America (one of my fav movies) for actor William Forsythe to sign. I've enjoyed him in many different films including Raising Arizona, Thing To Do In Denver When You're Dead, Out For Justice, and of course The Devil's Rejects, but Once Upon A Time In America has always held a special place in my heart, and i was determined to have it signed. Throughout the festival i passed by his table, but I won't lie, he was intimiating, just like many of the characters he's played. Finally at the end of the festival though, I worked up enough courage to approach him. "mr forsythe, i was wondering if you would sign my copy of Once Upon A Time In America", all of the sudden that intense look on his face disappeared and he seemed absoutely thrilled to see that dvd. he took it from me and was looking over, then turned around and showed the back of the dvd to this woman (wife?) behind him exclaiming "look its me lying dead in the streets of Montreal" "You bet I'll sign this" he then went into how that was his first big movie and how much he credits that movie to really getting his career going, and how much it meant to him. We discussed the movie some, asking him what it was like to work with Sergio Leone and stuff, got my dvd signed, and my picture made with him. Definately a perfect way to end the day :D I left the festival a verrrrry happy man



oh! and I wish you all a very happy Walpurgis Night tomorrow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment